Thursday, July 11, 2013

Summer Reading

With just four weeks left before school starts, I've started to feel like the summer is running out. I had so many big projects I wanted to start and finish this summer and I've barely scratched the surface of some (like editing our wedding video) while not even starting others (like learning to use my sewing machine). All I can say is at least I've been reading.

On our trip to the east coast, I wound up reading a lot. On the plane, in the car, on the mornings at Starbucks while Tyler worked, on the bus, on the train, on the plane again. If you have a kindle and a library card, get yourself to the library download center because a) it's free b) you can usually borrow books instantly c) if you have to wait, it's only a couple of days which is how long you'd take to get to the actual library anyway d) you can lie down on your side while you read and not have to flip over when you 'turn' the page e) it's free f) every book fits in your purse g) you can read young adult lit without anyone judging you or your book by its cover.

Of the following books, I highly recommend Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell. You'll find out everything from why The Beatles and Bill Gates were so successful to why the majority of professional hockey players are born in January, February, or March.





 



No comments:

Post a Comment