Thursday, December 26, 2013

2014: The Year of Hobbies

2014 will be the year of hobbies.


For Christmas (and our anniversary and my next five birthdays, as far as I'm concerned), Tyler bought me a Macbook Pro. I am so excited because first of all I haven't had the use of a personal laptop in a few years. My old laptop, may it rest in peace, was a bit of a beast. The screen was enormous and great for watching movies, but it was so heavy that I practically had to use it as a desktop instead of a laptop. Eventually it started having some major issues, including but not limited to a broken fan that turned the laptop into a great mini-space heater, but not such a good computer. A new laptop was definitely in order.

Second of all, and most importantly, I finally have a computer that's compatible with Final Cut Pro, so I will be able to start working on editing and putting together our wedding video! My goal is to get it all put together within the next six months.

The other hobby I hope to work on is knitting. Last September I started knitting Tyler's Christmas stocking, a family tradition that my sister has upheld and that I hope to help her with now. I finished the stocking just in time for Christmas and am sort of addicted now. With my sister's Christmas present of a kit for knitting in the round, knit beanies are in everyone's future.

And let's not forget the sewing machine. My mother-in-law bought it for me for Christmas last year and it's time I made use of it. I've always been a little intimidated by sewing machines, but making this stocking really boosted my confidence. It seems like such a silly thing to be afraid of too, since people have been sewing and knitting for hundreds of years.




So in the spirit of hobbies...




1 comment: