Monday, February 3, 2014

Speedy Reader

I was browsing one of my favorite blogs the other week and took a vocabulary test. To be truthful, I was kind of bummed about my results, not because of my score, a measly 26,100, but because of all the reader comments to the post, boasting their scores of 35,000 despite being non-native English speakers. No way, right? I call bull, because the test doesn't actually check that you know the meaning of the words -- all you do is check the boxes of the words that you know. I don't trust this honors system... 

Anyway, I took another nerdy test to see how fast I read and now I'm ready to brag.  





I'm sure the Harry Potter estimate is accurate and the To Kill a Mockingbird would be if I didn't have to read it out loud with a room of thirty freshmen every time. As far as The Lord of the Rings goes, I'm working on it.

1 comment:

  1. I only got 22,900 for vocabulary and my reading was not as fast as you either. Can't remember exact number so I guess my comprehension is bad too. It was around 60 % faster than average I think...LOL!

    ReplyDelete