Sunday, February 16, 2014

Valentine's Day

via etsy
I gave my students two Valentine's Day tips:
1. Never go out to dinner on Valentine's Day. Always go the day before or the day after to avoid crowds.
2. Always buy discount chocolate on February 15.

For Valentine's Day this year, we walked to the Oregano's by our house on February 13 and had our usual and a pizza cookie. The next day, I got two, homemade Oreo truffles, a pink rose, a bag of popcorn, and a Fun Dip from my a few of my students. That night we went and bought the Star Wars trilogy (the good one) and made chocolate chip cookies while we watched Episode IV: A New Hope. 

I like Valentine's Day overall. I remember loving it for the candy and cards in elementary school and hating it for the anxiety and utter suspense in junior high. One year my sister bought me a box of chocolates and a toy frog prince to carry around school and tell people that they were from my secret admirer, as if that would make all of my not-so-secret crushes jealous.

Anyway, apparently Star Wars is still a 'thing' in our household. I'll just add this blog post to one of many.

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment