Saturday, March 29, 2014

Year of Hobbies: March Check-in



Can my puppy be my hobby? Ever since we've gotten Zora, my hobby project has somewhat gone to the wayside, unless you count taking endless pictures of her playing with her toys as a hobby. I've been racing home from work every day to be with her and I usually just read a book while she runs around.

However, I did brush up on some ukulele skills while up in Flagstaff with my grandpa. He had a music book that forced me to stop cheating on the chord diagrams. I usually just play the chords I see, but this time I actually had to learn their names to play them. I also made another baby hat for a co-worker's baby shower. I think I've journaled twice? Okay, okay, I admit it -- this month was kind of weak.

What disappoints me the most, though, is that I haven't made the tiniest bit of progress on our wedding video. I got the hard drive from my dad and couldn't find the files until he pointed them out in a very inconspicuously-labeled folder on the drive. I allowed that alone to set me back at least a month. I need to stop making excuses but the whole task is very daunting.

Part of the problem is that I don't know what kind of video we want. Whenever I've worked with FinalCut, it's been to put together montages of home videos and not of a specific event. I definitely want to piece together the ceremony, but as far as the rest of the video goes, I don't know if I should just do a series of montages or what. There are definitely some moments that I want to have on there without any embellishment like the toasts, but should those just be tacked on as their own tracks? What kind of music do we want? Mostly instrumental? Modern? Older? These are things that I need to get to the bottom of.


No comments:

Post a Comment