Thursday, July 17, 2014

TBT: Journal Edition, Vol. 4

1-27-01

We're on our way to Flagstaff! The only problem is if we get snowed in on Monday. If we do, I'll miss my first b-ball game! That sucks because I'm captain! I can't miss it cause our pyramids would be messed up. I'll write later it's too bumpy.

Same~
I see snow. And lots of it. There's supposed to be a storm but no snow has fallen yet (we're still driving). We've listened to Wallace & Ladmo, Billy Joel, and we're listening to Steven Curtis Chapman at the moment. 

We lost our b-ball game today. I didn't expect us to win. We did better near the end of the game though.

Gotta go, even though I"m dying of boredom. Oh blob.

1-28-01

Saw the snow today. I was freezing! Sledding was fun, but I liked making snow angels. We're leaving some time tonight. Mimi packed enough food to stay 3 weeks! Geez! I've probably gained a few pounds and stuff!

I'm so excited for tomorrow! I wonder what everyone will say and think! I'm so nervous! Wish me luck! :)

The Super Bowl is today. Whoopee. I'm so thrilled. SARCASM! I don't even know who's playing. I think New York has something to do with it. Hmmm... Personally, I think football's boring unless you really know one of the players. I was happy to go to Aaron's football games.

I can't wait for summer. I'm sick of school. It's so routine. I like vacation much better. You don't have to worry about school nights and stuff. Gotta go!

~Katie

There are so many reasons that I love these journal entries. First of all, the Wallace and Ladmo reference. Secondly, I have no clue what I meant by pyramids for a basketball game. It must have been some kind of play? And since when is "Oh blob" a phrase for boredom? Mimi overpacking food is standard.

It is a little scary that I was twelve years old and worrying about gaining weight on vacation. I worry about my future children and body image. I hope that my kids aren't journaling about their weight before they're even teenagers.

No comments:

Post a Comment