Thursday, July 31, 2014

TBT: Journal Edition, Vol. 6

Sun., Oct. 3, 1999

I don't have crushes anymore. Part of that reason is that Mindy said that when you're in high school, you will see that it was stupid to have a boyfriend in elementary school. The other reason is that while I was over at Leanne's house swimming, Leanne's little sister went underneath the water and tickled our knees. She said that if it tickled, we were boy crazy. None of us had even giggled.

I was really upset on Friday. You see, Leanne had invited me over to her house. I was really happy. But first, they had to go get Leanne's new shoes at the store. I told her to call me when she got back and then I would come over. I told Aaron that he had to get off the Internet at 4:58 so that Leanne would be able to call. I went in my room to relax for awhile. I'll be back in a sec... Sorry, I had to get something to eat (I had a bagel and a handful of Fruit Loops Cereal). Anyway, I left my room at 5:17! Aaron was still on the Internet! I had Mom make him get off the Internet and called to check and see if she had called while Aaron was on the Internet. Her dad answered the phone and I asked him to have Leanne call me. He said, "Who's me?" I felt so stupid for not telling him my name. When she called, she said that she couldn't have me come over. I was so upset! I couldn't even go to the Varsity football game with Mindy! I would be stuck home! It wasn't that bad. Mom bought some caramels and we watched TGIF

We lost our soccer game yesterday 2-0. We had pictures at 10:30. We watched Brett's game. Mindy, BreAnn, and I tossed Oyster Crackers in the air and caught them in our mouths. It was a lot of fun.

Don't know what else to write. Buh bye!

Love,
Katie

P.S. I'm gonna write in the page numbers. Bye!

Items of note:
1. I was notoriously boy crazy throughout both elementary and junior high school. That piece of my sister's boy advice didn't stick with me for long.

2. Dial-up internet was the worst! However, it would sure make it easier to parent. Our household computer was in the family room facing out so everyone could see whether you were really working on writing your essay for school or just playing Rollercoaster Tycoon. I'm not sure how we'll manage our future kids when it comes to technology. Tyler's idea: Don't let them have computers until they can build one themselves.

3. I constantly am making apologies to my diary, an inanimate, emotionless object. Why I felt the need to apologize for not writing often enough or getting something to eat is beyond me.

4. TGIF -- the highlight of my week. Family Matters, Full House, Step by Step, Boy Meets World, Hangin' with Mr. Cooper, Sabrina, The Teenage Witch, Dinosaurs. What are the chances of getting all of these shows on Netflix, ABC?

via pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment