Friday, August 15, 2014

Have a fabulous weekend!


Today I have officially had my cast for one week and one day. It is truly amazing the things you take for granted when you're healthy, like two functioning legs and hands that don't need to be constantly gripping a pair of crutches. On the plus side, I have been getting back into some of my favorite hobbies, knitting and duolingo.

As with everyone else, I was surprised by the news about Robin Williams but then surprised again to hear that Lauren Bacall had passed away. The day before it happened, I had started putting together these weekend links and picked the photo above of her with her dog and wondered if she was still alive. I've only ever seen her in How to Marry a Millionaire (one of my absolute favorites) and All I Want for Christmas, but I loved her voice and the way she just exuded confidence.

We don't have any major plans for this weekend beyond taking care of things around the house and cleaning out the boat. I won't be a part of the boat clean-up, so I guess there are some perks to having a cast. And now some links to start your weekend...


A mellow song.

Cool bathroom makeover, but I kinda liked the floral wallpaper...

One of the most romantic dance scenes ever.

However, I maintain that Captain von Trapp looks a lot like Lucius Malfoy.

How keys work.

Would love this. No pool here, so maybe campfire party movie night?

Simple and pretty.

Lauren Bacall on What's My Line?

This play kitchen is adorable.

La France me manque.

Fiction rule of thumb.

Looking forward to having two feet again.

The perfect teacher gift.

Something to work on.



(Photo of Lauren Bacall and family dog)

2 comments:

  1. You should check out "Key Largo" and "The Shootist".. She isn't the main star in either movie but they are very good. "Key Largo" is an ensemble that includes Bogart, Edward G. Robinson, and Lionel Barrymore. "The Shootist" was John Wayne's last film and includes a small role for Jimmy Stewart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of "Key Largo" but not "The Shootist." I'll have to see if we can get them on Redbox or at the library here. Thanks, big brother! I can always count on you for a good movie recommendation. :)

      Delete