Friday, August 8, 2014

Have a great weekend!


We had a great visit this week with my aunt and uncle's family exploring Mt. Rainier and Olympic National Parks -- even if I was on crutches. I finally made it to see a doctor on Wednesday and after the x-rays it turns out that I have a broken ankle and broken foot. My fibula has a straight crack across it and my fifth metatarsal ended up being a Jones fracture which is apparently a nasty one. When they put my cast on yesterday, I panicked and picked purple. It's going to be a long four weeks. This weekend I am only leaving the couch for food, water, or fire. Go out there and use your legs to do something fun, so I can live vicariously through you. And now for some links!

I love a good cover song.

A poster for thrill seekers.

W.E.B. DuBois' letter to his daughter at school.

Sweet, underrated Disney couple.

If Wishbone had read 50 Shades of Grey.


Childhood movies on youtube.

The common denominator of films that make men cry.

Tiny door.

A fun game for long-distance families.

I still love this video.

An alternate ending to Gone with the Wind.

Looking for a wall to paint stripes on.

I hear Nutella makes your bones heal faster.



(Publicity shots of Julie Newmar, Ruta Lee, and Nancy Kilgas for Seven Brides for Seven Brothers)

No comments:

Post a Comment