Thursday, August 21, 2014

TBT: Journal Edition, Vol. 9

6-12-96

Dear Carreen,

Heather and Haley came over. We watched Father of the Bride part 2. It's so hot. I think I need two fans. I am so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, hot even if the fans are on high. It's time for me to go to bed. Bye!

Signed,
Katie

P.S. I'm riting tomorrow. 


6-13-96

Dear Carreen,

Today I played barbies. Mindy played with me. I would right more but it is getting late.




I don't know what the high temperature was in June of 1996, but it's shaping up to not be too outrageously hot when we go to visit in a week or so. I'll admit that I'm not so keen on being in the heat with this cast on my leg. The only thing I can be grateful for is that at least I'm not in the third trimester of a pregnancy or something. When we do decide to have kids someday, I plan to strategically avoid having children due in the summer months.

Do little girls play with Barbie dolls anymore? I feel like that was always the activity of choice in our house. Somewhere in my parents' house there's a cassette tape that my sister and I recorded of us playing with our Barbie dolls. We found it hilarious when we were teenagers, and I'm sure it would be equally hysterical now. There's a part where Mindy says that her Barbie's name is Jazzy and then asks what my doll's name is. Four-year-old me replies with something like, "Um... my doll's name is Jazzy too!" How lucky I was to have such a patient big sister.

On a side note, does anyone else remember watching this? 

2 comments:

  1. Just out of curiosity, was Carreen the name of your journal? Because I totally went through a phase where I named my diaries. Barbies were always our prime means of entertainment as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes it was! I only had a name for the first journal I had. Technically it was the name I gave to the cat on the cover.

      Delete