Thursday, September 4, 2014

TBT: Photo Edition

I have best news, good news, and bad news. 

Bad news: I left all of my old journals in Washington, so until we're back, there will be no journal Throwback Thursdays. 

Good news: I have all of my childhood photos at my parents' house, so there will be photo Throwback Thursdays.

Best news: I went to the orthopedic surgeon to take off my cast today and it's staying off! The doctor said that both fractures are showing signs of healing, so I can use a boot with my crutches and slowly put weight on my foot over the next few weeks, possibly without the crutches by my next appointment. I asked about the potential for surgery, and he said that he is seventy percent sure that I won't need it. I am so grateful that I'm healing and that I will finally be able to shower without worrying about my cast getting wet.

On that note, today's throwback photo is from when I was in kindergarten and broke my arm at a Freestone Park birthday party. I had just learned to count to one hundred by tens, and the third grader behind me at the top of the slide was not impressed, so he pushed me. My friend Kristen (seen below) broke her arm around the same time. If my memory serves me correctly, I think she broke hers falling off the top of a bunk-bed. 

Me and Kristen circa 1994
I love that my dad drew the Suns logo on mine. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment