Thursday, October 23, 2014

TBT: Journal Edition, Vol. 12

Wed., Jan. 16, 2002

I read the most amazing book yesterday. A Walk to Remember. It was so beautiful. Jamie is the most beautiful girl, inside and out. She's so generous & kind & perfect. Landon is a young man who is kind of snobby & they fall in love w/ each other, but Jamie is dying from leukemia. Landon tries so hard to keep her alive & God sends him the message: "I am not commanding you, but I want to test the sincereity of your love by comparing it to the earnestness of others." He finally realizes that he must marry Jamie before she dies. They do, and he never removed the ring even though she died.

The movie is coming out the 25th & I HAVE to see it! I really hope they didn't change it much. It was so beautifully written. @ the wedding, Jamie's father says: "I can no more give Jamie away than I can give away my heart. But what I can do is to let another share in the joy that she has always given me." Isn't that beautiful?! Nicholas Sparks is a genius. :) I've g2g!

Luv ya,
Katie


Sun., Jan. 27, 2002

I saw A Walk to Remember on Friday. Naishi was Mary Jo, Ashley was Mary Lou, & I was Mary Beth. We talked w/ heavy western/southern/hick accents. It was hilarious. The movie was good, too. :) It was so different from the book though. Shane West was HOT! I tried copying Mandy Moore's hair from the part where they perform the play, but it didn't work out. :) G2g2 bed now!

<3,
KATIE



I feel obligated to tell you that I put on lipstick and kissed my signature on both of these entries. I don't mean right, though. Twelve years ago. 

A Walk to Remember was clearly my The Fault in Our Stars. I was obsessed with that book and movie, not to mention the soundtrack. Also, I wrote in "text" speak (or rather, AIM), but still had perfect comma usage, so. I still envy Mandy Moore's hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment