Thursday, October 30, 2014

TBT: Journal Edition, Vol. 13

2/15/99

Dear Journal,

Yesterday I watched a movie called Forever Young. It is hard to explain, so I won't try. I liked the movie a lot. I've never talked of my family much. Here's a picture of us kids:


Brett (6), Katie (10), Mindy (13), Aaron (16)
Someday I"ll put a picture of my parents in (as soon as I find one). I'll try to write later!

Love,
Katie


2/15/99

Dear Journal,

I just had to write again! I looked at my sister's old journal. She hasn't written in it since November 12, 1996! I looked back to see what I had written that day. That day had been boring, so I had told more about myself.

There are seventy-seven pages left in this journal. I hope I fill them by next year. 

On Friday (2/12/99) in English, we drew names from a hat and made Valentine's Day poems. Here are some I received:

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Sugar is sweet,
You're the best friend,
Cool, too!
by Leanne

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
This Valentine is made...
Just for me,
Ha-ha just joking,
Just for you!
by TJ

To Katie who is really cool,
I think you're definitly not a fool.
by Naishi

I'll tape the valentine's in! Aren't they cute!

Love,
Katie
Lyn
Anderson



First, I love how I put in absolutely no effort to explain Forever Young. Since I'm sure you're just dying to know, here's the one-sentence Rotten Tomatoes synopsis that ten-year-old me was just way too busy for:

A man undergoes a scientific experiment that causes him to wake up after 50 years without aging a day in this romantic science-fiction tale.

It's that Mel Gibson movie, but also one of many with Elijah Wood as a kid.


It has also come to my attention that I may soon be sporting the same haircut I had at ten years old. Natural hair color, middle part, bangs, glasses -- brace yourselves. 

Let this also serve as a formal apology to my sister for snooping in her journal. She might have written after 1996 if she didn't have such a nosy little sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment