Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Our Winter Wonderland


I've been an excellent knitter lately, but a terrible blogger. I was on such a roll too! The other week we got some snow that stuck around for a couple of days before being rained away. It was right after Thanksgiving, and I about exploded with happiness and holiday cheer. We headed to the off leash dog park near our house and it was beautiful. Snow covering the ground, Zora running around with a pine tree branch, trying to fetch snowballs -- at one point I had to stop and point out that we were literally walking in a winter wonderland.

I don't know if we'll get snow again, but for the one time, it was pretty magical. I imagine it would get less magical if I had to shovel our driveway. Here are a few pictures from that day, if you'd like to see...

Barely visible snow on the roof

Our holly tree


Snowy ivy


Frisbee in the snow

Checking out trees at Home Depot

Walking in a winter wonderland





Zora and her pine tree branch



We ended up getting our tree from a church fundraiser down the road. 

The most photogenic member of our family


A beautiful clear, cold day

No comments:

Post a Comment